High Rate Checking
It’s hard to find a better checking account!
Already have an LGE checking account? Convert to High Rate Checking today by logging in to Online Banking, selecting the "More" tab, and choosing the High Rate Checking option.
- Pays a high rate, up to 1.50% APY*, when you meet certain criteria**
- NO monthly maintenance fee
- NO special fee for having a Visa® debit card
- NO minimum balance
- Access to 48,000 FREE ATM’s
- Up to $10 monthly refund for non-LGE ATM’s**
- Free Bill Pay when you enjoy free eStatements
- Free Online Banking and Memberline (24-hour automated phone banking system)
- Free online check images
- Free eStatements
- No per-check fees
- Free notary service and signature guarantees (by appointment)
- Funds insured by the NCUA up to $250,000
Simply meet these criteria to enjoy all the benefits of this account!
- To earn the Level 1 dividend, perform 15 - 30 LGE Community Credit Union debit card and/or credit card transactions that post during the month – excluding ATM transactions and credit card cash advances. To earn the higher Level 2 dividend, perform 31+ such transactions. Note: The Level 1 and Level 2 rates are paid on balances up to $25,000; a lower rate will be paid on balances over $25,000.
- Receive eStatements instead of paper statements.
- Log on to Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or a Mobile App at least once a month.
- Have at least one monthly direct deposit into the account or one monthly automatic payment from the account. (Transfers between LGE accounts and Bill Pay transactions do not count.)
- Maintain a valid email address.
Remember that if you sign up for High Rate Checking, you can still use checks but need to use your debit card or credit card as described above to qualify for the high rates.
To re-order checks, please contact us at 770-424-0060.
* Membership eligibility and base savings account that keeps a $5 minimum balance required.
** This benefit is available if you meet the qualifications described above. All other benefits are available regardless of whether you meet the criteria. Note that accounts that do not meet the criteria do not earn dividends that month.