High Rate CheckingSM
It’s hard to find a better checking account!
Already have an LGE checking account? Convert to High Rate Checking today by logging in to Online Banking, selecting the "More" tab, and choosing the High Rate Checking option.
- Pays a high rate, up to 1.50% APY, when you meet certain criteria*
- NO monthly maintenance fee
- NO special fee for having a VISA® debit card
- NO minimum balance
- Access to 48,000 ATMs nationwide
- Up to $10 monthly refund for non-LGE ATMs*
- Free eStatements
- Free Bill Pay when you enjoy free eStatements
- Free Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Apps, and Memberline (24-hour automated phone banking system)
- Free checks for members 55 and up**
- Free online check images
- No per-check fees
- Free notary service and signature guarantees (by appointment only)
- Funds insured by the NCUA up to $250,000
Simply meet these criteria to enjoy all the benefits of this account!
- Log on to Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or a Mobile App at least once a month.
- Receive eStatements in lieu of paper statements.
- Provide and maintain a valid email address.
- Have at least one monthly direct deposit into the account or one monthly automatic payment from the account. (Transfers between LGE accounts and Bill Pay transactions do not satisfy this requirement.)
- To earn the Level 1 dividend, perform 15 - 30 LGE Community Credit Union debit card and/or credit card transactions that post during the month – excluding ATM transactions and credit card cash advances. To earn the higher Level 2 dividend, perform 31+ such transactions. Note: The Level 1 and Level 2 rates are paid on balances up to $25,000; a lower rate will be paid on balances over $25,000. Click here to learn how this criteria is changing on May 1, 2015.
Remember that if you sign up for High Rate Checking, you can still use checks but need to use your debit card or credit card as described above to qualify for the high rates.
To re-order checks, please log in to Online Banking and choose "Order Checks" from the "More" tab. You can also contact us at 770-424-0060.
Membership eligibility and base savings account that keeps a $5 minimum balance required.
The requirements to earn the higher rate on this account may change at any time.
* This benefit is available if you meet the qualifications described above. All other benefits are available regardless of whether you meet the criteria. Note that accounts that do not meet the criteria do not earn dividends that month.
** Free check offer applies only to one box of duplicate Gray Smoke Alliance style checks per year for your eligible checking account. CheckProtect shipping fee and taxes apply to all check orders. Your LGE checking account will be debited within 10 days after shipment.
Free Youth Checking
LGE Community Credit Union recognizes the importance of developing good financial habits early. Members ages 16-17 with proper government-issued I.D. can enjoy Simply Free or High Rate Checking, which includes a free Visa® debit card.