Visa Fraud Detection
Get the highest level of security when it comes to protecting your account from fraudulent charges. Visa’s Fraud Detection Service monitors transactions on your account 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For your protection, a Visa Fraud Representative may call you to verify your card purchases.
You can expect the following to occur when contacted by a fraud representative:
- You will be asked to verify personal information on yourself and your card. This includes but is not limited to your street address, year of birth, month of birth, your card number, or partial numbers from your social security number.
- We will never ask for your card PIN number or 3 digit security code on the back of your card.
- The Fraud Representative will review the transactions with you. If your account has fraudulent transactions, your card will be stopped and you will be asked to follow-up with the Support Services Department during normal business hours.
- If you receive a message from our Fraud Representative, please return the call as soon as possible at 877-902-4804. If we do not hear from you, we may at our discretion block your card to prevent potential fraudulent charges. For this reason it is critical for you to return messages left by a Visa Fraud Representative.
- Our automated system is available 24/7 by calling 1-877-902-4804. You will be asked to enter your card number, Social Security Number and Date of Birth for verification and security purposes. You can then use the automated system to verify transactions. If the transactions are fraudulent, this service will block your card from future transactions.